Thursday, July 12, 2007

Disappearing again

Well I'm off wandering again for the next week or so. Fed up with all of the hassle involved with sorting myself out with a new job, Julie and I are heading for the New Forest tomorrow for a few days break away from music and away from the internet (that last break badly needed!) This last couple of weeks have really brought it home to me that sitting in front of a computer for half the day is seriously bad for your mental and physical health. It makes you grumpy and impatient and so an escape is needed.

I get back next Sunday night and will be about for one day before heading off again for a week in France. Whilst there I'll be catching the last three days of the NPAI Festival down in Partheny. The schedule for this great looking little fest can be found here.

There's quite a few sets there I am really looking forward to hearing. Alongside some really strong established groups such as Trio Sowari and Cranc and the latest chapter in the Rowe/Nakamura story i am very intrigued to hear the Sound Like Water quartet made up of Toshi Nakamura, Burkhard Beins, Lucio Capece and Rhodri Davies, a group with a dodgy band name but four fantastic musicians I am looking forward to hearing together.

Anghrad Davies solo should be great as well. i've not seen her play solo before so I'm intrigued to hear what she will do. Andy Guhl solo and Tony Buck solo are two other sets I'm interested to hear though I suspect there's as much chance I'll dislike them as much as there is I will enjoy them. Its this kind of set that make festivals so much fun though.

So if anyone else is going to be at the festival drop me a line beforehand, would be good to say hi. Otherwise I'm off to practice my 'O' Level French........ "Bonjour, est-ce que je peux prendre un sandwich à marmite s'il vous plait?"

3 comments:

Alastair said...

Have a good time Richard!

Oger said...

I will be at NPAI / Parthenay on next saturday 21th.

Jacques

Richard Pinnell said...

Ah, great Jacques, I'll make an effort to track you down and say hi. I'll be the one with odd shoes on ;)