Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Not a bad way to spend an evening alone


Tonight, I took the short drive out to Uffington White Horse., a favourite place of mine, essentially a hill 800ft high made special by an enormous 3000 year old white horse carved into the chalk. I walked to the top, which takes about half an hour, and on the way, following Jon's comment in the AMM Poll thread I listened toThe Great Hall, the second disc from the Laminal set. (I only read Robert's further endorsement of this great piece of music on my return). Its weird, as the disembodied radio voices kicked in at around 17 minutes I swear it was Derek Bailey's voice talking...

I took a few photos as well, of which the one above is rather stunning. Combining such a view with such great music made for a pretty special evening. Just thought I'd share that.

No comments: