Friday, September 21, 2007

Busy busy busy

Been a while since my last post, sorry. This has been for a few reasons, the primary one being a lot of work in getting ready to return to work, but also I've been writing a bit for elsewhere, listening to some great demos that have been sent for Cathnor consideration and starting silly arguments in music forums (that last one I'll be giving a break for a while now ;)

So not much I can write about here that wouldn't bore you to tears. The CDs that have fallen through my letterbox of late have mostly been of high quality.The new Potlatch release, Propagations by the all saxaphone quartet of Marc Baron, Bertrand Denzler, Jean-Luc Giuionnet and Stephane Rives has been playing a lot today. Defintely a CD I like an awful lot more than I thought might, though why I say that I couldn't tell you. Another disc I've enjoyed a lot is Taku Unami's 1mannengo Soundtrack, the latest installment in his seemingly relentless mission to confound the expectations of us poor listeners.

The most playing time here recently has been reserved though for the new Col Legno release of Luigi Nono's epic Prometeo, a new recording of this monumental work. One day when I move to bigger, quieter place I'll go buy a surround sound system just to hear this release in 5.1... Its quite possible I'll churn out reviews for all of these releases over the next week or so, so I won't go into detail now.

On Sunday I meet up with my audition partner in crime Alastair to go visit the new Resonance FM studios and finalise the planning for a new series of the show, looking forward to announcing details here soon. Resonance announced our time slot in their Wire ad this month though, Sundays 7PM-8.30PM, so yes an extended show this series. Lots of good stuff planned including a new website, something else thats taken up my time lately!

5 comments:

Alastair said...

New picture!

Richard Pinnell said...

Yeah, just as pretentious looking, but without the sneer...

robert said...

Ha! I also was going to comment on the picture. I like it a lot better, something of that other one I found a bit....disconcerting.

Richard Pinnell said...

Yes, but what do you guys matter? What do all the girls think?? ;)

robert said...

Girls read this?