Saturday, September 29, 2007

Even busier...

Apologies again for the lack of posts around here, been another busy week. Put a tick against all of the usual excuses, new job training courses, spending time with people close to me etc, but another big event that has taken up a lot of my time has been preparation for the start of the third series of audition, the Resonance FM radio programme I present with Alastair Wilson. Much of this week I worked on completely overhauling the audition website, which you can see here.
My skills with website design are all self taught, so I am really pleased with how it came out. As a piece of graphic design its horrible, but the main thing is it works, and is easy to update and maintain. It might just be another website lost out there on the web, but I'm really proud of it, so there!

Last Monday Alastair and I interviewed a musician for a future special show (more on this at a later date) and we have been to visit the new studios at Resonance, which look amazing, some leaps and bounds ahead of the ramshackle disaster zone of the previous studios. We have been feverishly working on ideas for future shows (well I have anyway, Al has been lazing about in Paris) and as you can read in more detail at the audition site, we go back on air on Sunday evening. I hope some of you will find the time to listen, if you can't then Mp3s of our programmes will go up at the site soon after.

Another big happening in my life starts on Monday, when I begin a new job with a new company. Its very much a step backwards for me (with the hope of shortly taking a big leap forward) but I will be working for a company I feel far more comfortable with and with (I hope) far less stress than I had previously. Obviously the trade off of this is I will earn less money for now, but I think its the right move, time will tell.

I'll get back to less autobiographic posting very soon I promise!

3 comments:

Alastair said...

"lazing about"...I've never been so knackered from four days of "lazing about". :)

Dominic Lash said...

Good luck in the new job Richard! I'll be listening tonight . . .

Neil_Pinnell said...

Well done Bruv on the New Job and Good Luck


Speak Soon

Neil