Monday, March 10, 2008

A lick of virtual paint

Well if you are reading this post for the first time, and of course if you have been to this page before you will quite possibly note that the page looks a bit different. If you are a worried mother that landed here after googling for websites about how to get your children to pay more attention to you, then you can ignore this post.

Anyway yes, they say when you need cheering up a spot of spring cleaning and redecoration does the trick, and as things have been pretty depressing around PInnell Towers of late I thought I would amuse myself by giving this blog a bit of an overhaul. I sat up until silly o'clock in the morning the other night challenging my somewhat limited html skills to the very limit reworking the code of a standard Blogger template into what you see now, and so far I'm pretty pleased with the result. The image behind the title will probably change from time to time as I get bored with that one, and there's still some tweaking needs to be done here and there, but it all seems to work. I'm interested to hear people's opinions on the new look; do you like it? (if not, tough its staying anyway after all that effort!) does it work in your browser? So far I've only viewed it in Safari and Firefox so I'm eager to hear how things look in IE.

Now all I need is some content.....!

4 comments:

Brian Olewnick said...

Looks well. If you have more free hours, you can come over and make mine more presentable.

Richard Pinnell said...

I'd send Olaf rather than go myself Brian, but there's nothing wrong with your place as it is.

Stephen Cornford said...

Nice home improvements. Can I make one suggestion? that you include the little bit of code (target="blank") that means we get a new tab on the links that navigate away from the blog (cathnor, audition...)

Richard Pinnell said...

Thanks Stephen for the nice comment, however I have to confess to having absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I've sure its a great suggestion, I just don't understand it, sorry!